On the Clock
Tackling Time Management
Time management can be a touchy subject for some. It affects us all though, whether
we like it or not. Some of us are masters at managing our time, while others of
us don’t even know what we’re having for lunch today. If you’re anything like
me, your time management could use a little polishing. In this post, we’re
going to do just that. We’ll cover the importance of time management and how
poor time management can affect our lives. We’ll finish with some tips for
working towards better time management, so you can tackle each day more
What’s the Big Deal?
You might be wondering why it is even important to have good time management, and that my friend, is a great question. Time management goes much further than just the direct implications that you can see in your day-to-day. Good time management can make the difference between a mediocre employee and a successful boss. It is vitally important for us to get a grip on our time management as employees and humans in general, because the more we effectively manage our time, the more success we are likely to see.
Much like how good time management fosters good results, poor time management can lead to poor results. An individual who manages their time poorly will likely feel more stressful, out of control, and overwhelmed. And these residual effects can carry into every aspect of your life, not just work. We haven’t even mentioned the health problems that can result from poor time management. Without getting into too much detail; for your health’s sake, work on managing your time more effectively.
On the Clock: Time Management Tips
Now we could go on and on about time management, but I don’t want to bore you. Let’s get to the good stuff. Here is a list of tips for taking your time management to the next level:
Free Yourself From Interruptions
- Interruptions are sometimes inevitable, but the more we are able to seclude ourselves during work and free ourselves from controllable interruptions, the more efficient we will be at conducting our work in a timely manner
- It’s much easier said than done, I get it. Pushing things off until the last minute is what we naturally do. Try your best to do things as quickly and efficiently as possible without pushing them off. You will feel less stressed and rushed by doing this.
- A system or schedule that allows you to work ahead and give yourself room to breathe will help you tremendously with your time management. Planning is key to executing. The last thing you want to do is work through something without having any ideas or plans in place.
Develop Healthy Routines
- Routines and habits are extremely helpful in developing healthy time management. Things that are done out of habit are, in general, much easier than things that we must consciously think about doing. The more you are able to create healthy habits and routines, the more effectively you will be able to work through tasks at work and at home.
Learn How to Delegate Tasks
- Control is a natural human tendency. It is so enticing and satisfying. The more we feel in control, the less we feel that things can go wrong. The problem, however, is that we are only capable of controlling so much, and we could be limiting others around us of their abilities. It is important to delegate work and tasks to those around us in order to complete them in a more effective manner.
If you are in need of landscaping or lawn care work, give us a call at (317) 243-0100 or visit our website to see how we might assist you! We would love to partner with you to provide you with the absolute best quality and service!
Stay up to Date!
Enjoying the content? There’s plenty more! Check out our last post on snow removal! Make sure to subscribe and stay on top of things!
Have a wonderful week!
–The Berger Hargis Team